- Daughter of Suzutani, one of the three original females imported in 1993.
- Akikos mother is considered the greatest cow ever to leave Japan.
- Sired by Michifuku, full sister to Sanjirou, half sister to Shigeshigetani.
- Arguably the rarest Wagyu outside of Japan.
- Free of all genetic defects.
- Carries rare genetic mutation for double copies of the Alanine gene "AA" responsible for softer fats and lower melting temperatures.
- April 2013 Belcampo Farms sold 17 lots with influence from Suzutani for $309,300.
- The most influential and sought after bloodline in the breed.
- Akiko has been retired and currently weighs over 1500 pounds.